The Vanzant Brush Twitter Feed

Let's Go Shopping!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mvanzant/shop?asc=u&ref=account-nav-dropdown

Sunday, February 14, 2010

"Lily" is Completed

I have just completed a new painting titled "Lily". The concept for this painting was to use a predominately cool color palette. I wanted to know if the composition would be balanced with only a small portion of the canvas warm (in this case, the skin tones). I am happy with the end result.



HAD I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with the golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams beneath your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams...

William Butler Yeats

No comments:

Lily - "The Icon Prize" Finalist

A huge thank you to Lane Von Herzen, author of "The Unfastened Heart" and the Icon Prize committee for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful project.



Creation of still life "The Two No One Wanted"