The Vanzant Brush Twitter Feed

Monday, April 18, 2011

Time For New Ideas!

It's been a long time. I have been a tad busy but everything is going great. I have been accepted as a finalist for The Icon Prize . A chance to participate in this project, the republished book cover for the wonderful novel "The Unfastened Heart", is very exciting and I am truly honored. I know, I know - it sounds lame but it's true!

Also, I have just returned from a workshop at the Watts Atelier studying with Jeffrey Watts . What an experience! I will write about this in a blog by itself soon.

I feel the need to stretch my artistic wings! I have some new ideas for the next stage of my artistic journey. It involves abstracts...

Every time you knowingly hurt someone you lose a piece of yourself. I believe we are a culmination of not only our environments but also our actions. In the end, how much of us is left? The working title of my new series is titled “Fractured”. I am not sure when I will have the first painting completed or even started. I am sketching out my ideas now. I hope for productive thoughts, exciting ideas and I wish the same for you.

Best Regards, Monica

No comments:

Lily - "The Icon Prize" Finalist

A huge thank you to Lane Von Herzen, author of "The Unfastened Heart" and the Icon Prize committee for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful project.



VIDEO LIBRARY of WORK BY MONICA VANZANT

Set To Music...

Creation of still life "The Two No One Wanted"

Fine Art Paintings by Monica Vanzant

Video of Black and White Photographs

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Video Skyscape - Heavens V

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Video Skyscapes - Heavens IV

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

To learn more about the singing/songwriting duo Elise Bellew and Blake Ryan and or to purchase their music please visit www.themarydream.com

Video Skyscape - The Heavens

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

Video Skyscape - Heavens I

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.