The Vanzant Brush Twitter Feed

Let's Go Shopping!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/mvanzant/shop?asc=u&ref=account-nav-dropdown

Monday, July 2, 2012

Philadelphia Sketch Club

Greetings All!


 I have been painting up a storm, venturing into the world of figurative and portrait art. I am finding a new love on this complicated journey. Our artwork should grow with our life experiences and right now I want to paint people in our all of our glory and despair. Thanks to the wonderful Philadelphia Sketch Club I have access to a model every week for a very small fee and this has been invaluable for me. I should be posting some of it soon on my website but here is the latest piece I completed.





 I just wanted to share a word about Americas’ oldest art club in existence today; The Philadelphia Sketch Club. Over 150 years old, it is, to this day, a wonderful energetic forum for artists to learn, share and improve their craft. Whether sketching or painting, this is a place for you to grow! Please visit their website to learn more about this exciting non-profit organization run by artists for artists and also to obtain up-to-date information regarding their workshops, exhibitions and opportunities for membership.

Remember, even if you are not an artist, there are other ways to support the art community.
http://www.sketchclub.org/.

Best Regards, Monica



No comments:

Lily - "The Icon Prize" Finalist

A huge thank you to Lane Von Herzen, author of "The Unfastened Heart" and the Icon Prize committee for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful project.



Creation of still life "The Two No One Wanted"